So… unless you’re one of my likers on Facebook you may not know that I braved the scale after all during my visit to my mum’s.
I was going to ask her to look for me (and keep my eyes closed) telling her to tell me how I went ONLY if the news was good. She’s pretty good at coping with my foibles.
I think I’ve mentioned that a few years ago I used to go to a shopping centre and get on a electric scale and stuff the printed receipt into an envelope to post home to my mum without having to look at the
verdict numbers. It’d arrive at her place a day or two later and she’d let me know (vaguely) how I’d fared that week. Incidentally I did the same with my pilates teacher for a while (would get on the scale there with my eyes closed and she would deliver the result in + or – rather than absolute numbers. I really didn’t want to know how much I weighed.*
Naturally, however, the scale issue plagued me throughout my journey to my mum’s and so once there I went straight into the bathroom. I didn’t tell mum what I was doing (and she hadn’t seen my blog post) in case the news was bad.
But it wasn’t.
In fact it was better than I expected. I’d certainly lost the 5kg (11lb) I appeared to gain in early January. AND another 1.5kgs. So, 6.5kg (14lb) in total since my last weigh in.
I won’t get too excited cos there’s a lot more to go, but I’m happy that (despite) my lack of exercise my focus solely on food is kinda working.
So, my plan going forward…
1. Continue to have just one vanilla diet coke a week
2. Keep trying different recipes (I have a Passage Foods Nepalese Chicken Curry mix which I’m keen to try this week). I tried the Korma mix last week and it was delicious as well.
3. Avoid seconds or thirds, keep leftovers for lunches (otherwise I eat a peanut butter and honey sandwich each day and that’s gonna get really boring really soon)!
4. Eat dinner before 9pm. I have a bad habit of eating my evening meal VERY late. It’s not uncommon that I eat after 9pm. My ultimate goal will be to eat before 8pm, but at the moment I tend to eat while I’m watching something on TV and I usually turn it on at 8.30.
5. Don’t obsess about exercise. I’ve done a couple of (thong) walks this past week and a Zumba class. I like to think I’ll soon (again) be struck by the need to move my body more, but I’m not quite there yet.
So… I am hoping that as I make better food and health-related choices that weight loss is a continued side effect.
What do you think of my plan for coming weeks?
Do you eat your evening meal at a decent hour?
* I had to stop our weighing-in arrangement as I started to dread going to pilates!